“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
Memory Verse: The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward [a]us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2Peter 3:9.
Many times, I get involved in conversations about people who trust God but have been through situations that has put a mark on their faith .They have been dented so bad that their stories can almost shake your faith and eve make you conclude that trusting God is separate from resting on Him fully. You leave that conversation more convinced that sometimes it’s better to trust God but seek alternatives. An ideology which is absolutely wrong if well thought about.
This is always the case because we trust in God and really want to keep being in that realm of trust but the direction, we’re headed is really on our own path rather than God’s. This makes it difficult as the outcome doesn’t usually align with our expectations so to ensure we arrive at a destination of our choice; we use our human understanding but carry God along in the process.
We therefore help God to get it right for us. The ripple effect means that thou we may arrive at our designed destination, it may not be God’s destination for us and sometimes we end up putting our lives in a terrible fix and it then adds weeks, months and years to arriving at God purposed destination.
Every time we try to take a short cut, the journey becomes longer, or we arrive at the wrong destination which means we start all over again. Jonah started well (at least he got up) but decided to go opposite direction, though God did not permit the fish to crush Him, Johan was inside the belly of that fish, wasted 72hours of his beautiful life and still had to deliver God’s message. Jonah 1.
The destination if your journey is directed by God means you are at ease regardless of the outcome because God has settled it.
- Father, Thank You for another wonderful day filled with your love .
- Thank you, Father, for being a loving and caring Father.
- Forgive my iniquities Lord, help me to live my life for you
- Guide Me Lord and help me to walk in your steps and path.
- Father help me not to worry about a thing, help me to live a stress free life
- I surrender all to you Lord, withholding nothing! I cast all my burden unto you.
- Help me Lord to trust in you totally and rise above every element of doubt
- Help me to live a life consecrated to you and dedicated to your words and treasures
- Guide me though the week Lord and make me a champion on all sides
Thank You Lord for answers to my prayers, IJMN I pray, Amen.