“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
Memory Verse: Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. John 14:23.
Have you ever been involved in a general conversation where the Love of God is being discussed? Well, I have been and usually after going round in circles, we always conclude that as humans, we can never love God enough; but we can continue to do everything humanly possible to show Him just how much He means to us.
While some people classify their engagement in religious activities as the evidence of love for God, it’s good to know God is searching through the heart and looks at the motives behind those services. A book I read, written by Bot Lotich titled Simple Money, Rich Life, talks about those who serve God because of what they want from Him. The author likened it to marrying a man/woman because of their money. Every act in that relationship is driven by the motive to get and at such, though there may be a lot of show-offs to the world, such a relationship is not love driven but want driven.
So how then can I tell God that I love Him? The bible tells us in 1John 4:20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
Loving our brothers and Sisters is keeping the simple most important commandment of God. The bible clarifies that until we can love others, then our love for God is illegitimate. Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40.
So, to truly be able to say, “I love the Lord”, it’s important to have been able to show that love physically and prayerfully to those we can see all around us.
- Father, you deserve all my praise and worship
- Thank you, for your unending love and goodness towards me
- Forgive my iniquities Lord, help me to live my life for you
- Help me to show unwavering love to you Lord and live my life for you
- Father help me not to worry about a thing, help me to live a stress free life
- I surrender all to you Lord, withholding nothing! I cast all my burden unto you.
- Help me Lord to trust in you totally and rise above every element of doubt.
- Help me to live a life consecrated to you and dedicated to your words and treasures
- Guide me though the week Lord and make me a champion on all sides
- Thank You Lord for answers to my prayers, IJMN I pray, Amen.