But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
Memory Verse: And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 2 Timothy 2:5.
When you look around you today what do you see? Just when you think all is beginning to make sense then again you look closely and you see that what you thought was settling down was just the end of a phase and only the beginning of something even worse than the past event.
As the world around seem to be completely confused, the church is not left behind. The church has been so diluted that the congregation now go with the flow of the world. Whatever is trendy in the world now has a direct impact on the church.
This is why it’s easy to see that when the world is saying casting up, the church is also casting up and vice versa. Even worse now is that churches are sharing in the punishments’ that is mean for unbelievers. We have deviated from our first love and adopted the competitive nature of the world. We now see churches of God competing with another church down the road and when we evangelize, we do so in the name of a church to bring people to our own church and not necessarily into the body of Christ.
Where do we stand with the competition and as believers, why is this happening to us?
The bible tells us in proverbs 4:7, Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore, get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. It doesn’t matter what the whole world do that has become a norm, God will not change his standard because we live in a competitive world. We have never seen God to accept that people go to sin because the rest of the world is sinning, what we however see is God warning us to Abstain from every form of evil.
Your calling is your calling and you are accountable for your own call. Paul was called for the uncircumcised and peter was called to preach the gospel for the circumcised. Neither of them switched places due to what the world around them was saying neither did they engage in unhealthy competition just to please the world.
Do you know what you are called to do? If you do, then stay on your lane as your blessing is in diligently obeying the world of the Lord for your own calling.
- Father I thank you for another wonderful day
- Thank you for your grace unlimited and for creating me for your own purpose
- Father forgive my iniquities Lord, help me to live right before you and for you
- Let me lead a purpose driven life, adhere when you instruct, obey when you direct
- Help me not to miss my purpose in life and destroy everything working against the fulfillment of my purpose
- Fill us with your Holyghost and let’s not become a dumping site for the devil and his escapades
- I rededicate my life to you Lord, accept me and fill me with the Holyghost.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.