Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again. ”And His disciples heard it.
Memory Verse: Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Genesis 1:28.
Are you a parent? If you are then you may be able to relate to the scenario below and if not, I still want you to make an assumption as if you were a parent who spent their whole life giving a child nothing but the best. This child against all odds was brought up with everything good and as a parent, you did everything to ensure the child never lacked any good thing. Would you have an expectation from such a child?
Many will say you shouldn’t really expect much but at the very least such parent will assume because they have given the child every good thing, the child should only turn out good after all the bible tells us in Matthew 7:17 every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. Therefore, my assumption is that because a tree is good, it is expected to bear good fruit.
Jesus had an expectation from that fig tree. This tree was well mature hence it had leaves and should be bearing fruits but Jesus saw that despite having leaves it was fruitless. Jesus was disappointed and he cursed the tree.
God has deposited a lot in you and because Christ has paid all the sacrifice, you have no excuse to be fruitless. You are no longer under the timetable of the world and therefore even if the world possibly thinks it not yet time for you to manifest, God has already given you the go ahead.
Delay is dangerous. If you are still waiting for the perfect time, you may actually never manifest. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away. Mark 11:21. You can either sit there waiting for the right time or you can follow the instruction of God and begin to manifest in His power according to His grace.
- Father I thank you for another wonderful day full of blessings
- Thank you for your purpose for me
- Father forgive my iniquities Lord, help me to live right before you and for you
- Let me lead a purpose driven life, bear fruits and be fruitful on all sides.
- Help me not to miss my purpose in life and destroy everything working against the fulfillment of my purpose
- Fill us with your Holyghost and let’s not become a dumping site for the devil and his escapades
- I rededicate my life to you Lord, accept me and fill me with the Holyghost.
- Forgive me Lord of all my iniquities, bless me abundantly and make me a blessing unto others, in Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen.