“Then he taught them many things by using stories. He said: A farmer went out to scatter seed in a field. While the farmer was scattering the seed, some of it fell along the road and was eaten by birds. Other seeds fell on thin, rocky ground and quickly started growing because the soil wasn’t very deep. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched and dried up, because they did not have deep roots. Some other seeds fell where thornbushes grew up and choked the plants. But a few seeds did fall on good ground where the plants produced 100 or 60 or 30 times as much as was scattered.”
Memory verse: “The Lord will open the storehouses of the skies where he keeps the rain, and he will send rain on your land at just the right times. He will make you successful in everything you do. You will have plenty of money to lend to other nations, but you won’t need to borrow any yourself.” Deuteronomy 28:12.
Praying is a crucial part of our livelihood; it is our main connect to God. Many times, we pray and we are so delighted about spending time talking to God but a question that pops up is “what are we praying about”? Our pastors often teach us that praying according to the will of God will most likely result in answered prayers and again this is correct, but sometimes, we pray without being ready to receive that which we are praying for.
I listened to a preaching that opened my eyes a lot to how God operates, then I spent a bit of time studying the life of those used by God in the bible. Whiles many of them may not have physically looked ready to receive, their lives showed readiness for that which God wanted to showcase in it. It was evident they were totally surrendered to God, even in their will and wants.
- Moses was a leader and though he may not have known it, he fought for his fellow Hebrew brother, Exodus 2:11.
- David was a protector and though he was young, he would kill any lion and bear that came near his father’s sheep 1 Samuel 17:30-34
- Paul was an activist, and he was passionate about presenting people who did not follow the law Acts 22:3-5
Now it is your turn…
- I am……. and this is what i do………….
Even when we pray to God, we sometimes are not ready for the answers to that prayer because we generally want to use our position in prayer as a pass for getting things, we are not equipped for so we are the hindrance to the answers of our own prayers.
If God answered that prayer request today, are you ready for the change?
· Father, I thank you for the grace to know you and to pray to you
· Father, I receive the grace to pray without ceasing and to pray effecive fervent prayers righteously.
· Father,Help me to receive that which you have for me as answered prayers. Help me to be expectant always and to let your will be done.
· Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and answering my prayers. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.