“Pay close attention to what I am telling you! The Son of Man will be handed over to his enemies.” But the disciples did not know what he meant. The meaning was hidden from them. They could not understand it, and they were afraid to ask.
Memory Verse: God’s Spirit doesn’t make cowards out of us. The Spirit gives us power, love, and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7.
Let’s do a quick exercise. Think of something you have desired for a very long time, this could be anything physical, spiritual, logical, just anything, just one. Now write down the barriers to getting them done.
For each of those barriers written down, write next to the word “Assumed” Or “Confirmed”. Now delete all the assumed barriers. Finally, for each off the confirmed, find two places in the bible that addresses them. I’ll start with mine.
Starting A Charitable Organisation Barrier.
- People don’t trust charities-Confirmed Psalm 46:10,Psalm 57:7.
- I don’t have enough money- Confirmed Psalm 24:1,Phillipians 4:19.
- I have no experience running a charity – Confirmed Exodus 33:14, Joshua 1:9.
- If i put my money into Charity, I will not have enough for my bills – Confirmed Proverbs 19:17-26, Proverbs 11:24-26.
- People will think I am a fraud- Assumed
- I may not be able to successfully register – Assumed
- it may not be successful- Assumed
The purpose of this exercise is not to ignore confirmed assumption but to rule out every doubt in your head with the word of God. There is fear of the known and the unknown, hence we see from today’s bible verse that even the twelve that followed Jesus clearly lived in fear. He spoke to them, but they had no understanding. While they had the privilege of speaking out, FEAR took over and they lived with no understanding and significance of the death of Jesus.
FEAR is real and there is a valid reason to be bothered about things in life, but the antidote of fear is knowing what to speak out. The disciples were mute, and it prevented them from getting to understand and so is everyone who let’s fear hold them back from anything in life.
We are not cowards, we are children of God that can speak things into existence, so every time fear tries to prevent you from progressing, speak out the word of God and progress.
God is at work, and He will perfect all that concerns you for His glory. Psalm 138:8.
- Father, you are a marvellous God.
- You make my life so beautiful and speak existence into me daily.
- Thank you for your unending love and compassion.
- Forgive my sins Lord and create in me a clean heart.
- Help me Lord not to be doubtful but trust totally in your word.
- Help me to be consecrated to you and to draw nearer daily.
- Help me to live above fear, but to operate in power, love, confidence and sound mind.
- Thank you, Lord, in Jesus’ name I Pray, Amen.