“Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.”
Memory Verse: “Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; Keep her, for she is your life.” Proverbs 4:13
The last two days, we have been deliberating on some fundamentals of finding purpose and this began with knowing God enough to not only hearing from Him but understanding and trusting Him enough to obey Him blindly like Abraham did. A rhetorical question I have this morning is, have you have obeyed Him and still find yourself positioned in a dead end? Today we progress to understanding the importance of God breathing on you, the situation you are faced with and everything else relative to purpose.
Abraham followed God’s instruction, He left his father’s country with the hope that God’s word will be fulfilled. He was met with so many obstacles but even worse is that the promised child never came, so he followed his wife’s advice and a child called Ishmael came, but not the Promised Child. The promised Child was Isaac, that’s the son with the promise and until Abraham had a child from the womb God had breath on, the promises was on what’s called a waiting list. Genesis 12; Genesis 16 and Genesis 21.
Interestingly, we already see that Prophet Ezekiel was stuck in that valley, so in his case he was in and out in the spirit. He pretty much had no alternative or maybe he did, but what the scripture points out is that he was in sync with God and he was interested enough to keep listening and looking up to God for instructions.
There is no alternative path to your purpose in life and if you find that people have sought alternatives and seem to be getting away with it, it’s important to note that they have deviated from God’s purpose and are now on their own path.
You cannot do for God what He has to do. You cannot speed things up for God or make decisions in God’s place. If God is leading your life to fulfil is purpose, then it’s important to know that the timeline may be short or long, the situation may look good or bad, the environment may be beautiful or ugly, but you cannot take the path of less resistance to help God out.
All the instruction must come from God alone, no shortcuts because your purpose is for God’s glory.
- Father, I am grateful for finding purpose in you.
- Thank You for creating me in your own image and for the love and care you have for me
- Forgive my wrongdoings Lord, take my heart, and let it be, consecrated unto you.
- Father help me to find my purpose, to constantly listen out for your instruction and direction
- Help me Lord, to operate at the centre piece of your purpose for my life
- Father take away hopelessness in my situation, let me always emerge victorious having obeyed you.
- I receive the anointing to bear fruits, and in substantial quantities
- I receive good understanding of your word and the grace to rightfully apply them
- Thank you for going ahead, Father, I am grateful for all!