“So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.”
Memory Verse: But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded! 2 Chronicles 15:7
How many times have you given up? If you are someone like me, I have given up so many times thinking at least when I give up and play it cool, then really, I no longer have to be bothered. At that stage, I have maybe tried everything I know possible, either by the books or bible. I have fasted, prayed, kept my cool and even reached out to my mum to join me in praying. When all these is done and I still continue to hear God say He will do it, but nothing is forth coming, I just give up.
What’s your experience like when you hear God clearly, have followed His word and continue to follow His instructions but it seem like it’s never going happen? What have you done?
I can’t begin to imagine how Joseph felt having had a dream, being sold by his own brothers and when it looked like he finally had his break at Potiphar’s house, the worse happened and he ended up imprisoned by his master. This must have been a terrible experience as the bible clearly say’s even while joseph was at Potiphar’s house, God was with him and he was a successful man, Genesis 39:2. I thought finally Joseph has a clean break, he was head of the slaves that controlled most things in his master’s house, his breakthrough seemed to have come until life happened, Genesis 39:3-6
Potiphar was Pharaoh’s chief guard, Genesis 39:1 therefore Joseph was the slave of a guard. Potiphar made Joseph the head of slaves, but God had a different plan as God created him with one of his purposes being to become the Prime Minister of Egypt; not head slaves. His positioning in Potiphar’s house and prison were all part of God’s big plan.
Today we see that though prophet Ezekiel spoke the words as instructed by God and the bones came together, there was still no breath, Ezekiel 37:8. A beautifully dead body is still dead. What do you do when you feel like you didn’t quiet achieve the desired result? Thank God for the little win or become unappreciative because you expected more?
Celebrating the little wins helps you remain focused and the gratefulness of those not so big deal shows God that your dependency on Him is not just because of what’s in it for you, it’s an evidence that you’re determined to do things God’s way.
Giving up will only regress you and sometimes makes the journey longer. The key is to be appreciative of all and remain focused, trusting that it’s impossible for God to fail on His word, Numbers 23:19.
- Father, I am thankful for this Purpose educating series
- Thank You for creating me to live a purpose driven and purpose attainable life
- Forgive my wrongdoings Lord, take my heart, and let it be, consecrated unto you.
- In every way I have lost my purpose, help me to find it back, lead me to it Lord
- Help me Lord, to operate at the centre piece of your purpose for my life
- Remove every obstruction preventing me from finding and reaching my purpose
- Father take away hopelessness in my situation, let me always emerge victorious having obeyed you.
- I receive the anointing to bear fruits, and in substantial quantities
- I receive good understanding of your word and the grace to rightfully apply them
- Thank you for going ahead, Father, I am grateful for all!