Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. And they lifted up their voices and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” So when He saw them, He said to them, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.
And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan. So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?”
Memory Verse: So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Revelation 3:16
Few days ago, I was thinking about the importance of having a relationship with God. As part of that, the Holyspirt reminded me of the ten leppers who were cleansed in Luke 17 and how interestingly only one of them was in the right state of mind. Yes, there were ten adults who knew what they wanted from Jesus and why they wanted it but only one of them heart his heart in the right place, the rest of them were just passing by.
These men knew to shout “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” but they got what they needed of Jesus and looked away . My guess is when next they needed something from Him , they knew exactly where to find Him and they also knew He was merciful so they relied on using Him for problem solving whiles they continued to priotise their own wants.
One man , a Samaritan was different. He was not just passing by, he appreciated Jesus and came all the way back to not silently but with a loud voice glorified God. He was not ashamed of letting the world know who healed him and how he felt about Jesus and only that man was made well . And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.” Luke 17:19.
Where do you stand in the things of God? Many people are just in it for the miracle and not really willing to see things through till the end. They are there for miracle and then go back again to see if they can get another miracle, these people are called Christians, but they are really just passing by as they do not stand firmly with God.
With God, you can benefit from miracles because He is merciful, but you do not have a place with Him until you stand firmly with Him.
- Father, thank you for you are an amazing God
- I am grateful for all you do and have done for me
- Forgive my sins Lord and help me to live a purpose driven life
- Help me Lord to be thankful for your deeds and stand firmly with you and in you
- Help me Lord to walk with you and continue to watch over me and my household
- Help me Lord not to be a hinderance to answers to my own prayers
- Help me to do right, live right and focus on the right direction of my answers
- Let my light so shine that many will see my good works and glorify your name in heaven
- Father, help me to rise above situations pulling me down, boost my faith Lord
- Guide me though each day of life Lord and make me a champion on all sides
- Thank You Lord for answers to my prayers, IJMN I pray, Amen.