All the governors of the kingdom, the administrators and satraps, the counsellors and advisors, have consulted together to establish a royal statute and to make a firm decree, that whoever petitions any god or man for thirty days, except you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions. Now, O king, establish the decree and sign the writing, so that it cannot be changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which does not alter.” Therefore, King Darius signed the written decree.
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.
Have you ever been in BIG trouble? A type which seems like the end of the world has just arrived at your feet. A trouble level where it almost seems as if everything and everyone is against you? In this situation who do you usually turn to and what’s your usual first reaction?
In general, most people have that person they talk to – their confidant. This is their go-to person for every single problem and to this person they unburden, cry, and display all sorts of emotions. This is their secure zone of life’s troubles when it comes and while’s it’s good to be consistently going to your confidant for everything, what happens when your confidant has their own problem that is bigger than yours?
Yesterday we learnt that Daniel was alone by Himself and even those that may have been his confidant had turned against him because they were all envious of his glory. The enemy successfully plotted against Daniel, and they won that battle because they managed to get King Darius to sign the written decree which would not favour Daniel.
Daniel had a habit, a good one at that, he spoke to God regularly, so when he heard of the written decree, the bible tells us that he went up to pray as was his custom since early days. Daniel was not praying because He was in trouble, Daniel had a praying lifestyle on which always involved talking to God. He was never too busy to chat with God.
The life you live and the things that you do consistently is what will determine your reaction and the actions you will take when trouble comes. Jesus has warned us ahead so we know that troubles will definitely come but you can only have peace if you prioritize God always .
You cannot keep blowing hot and cold, consistency with Christ is the only guarantee of Peace.
- Father, thank you for you are my light and my salvation
- Thank You Lord for the grace bestowed upon me to pray without ceasing
- Forgive my sins Lord and help me to live a purpose driven life
- Help me Lord to pray prevailing prayers, pray consistently and not waver in my faith
- Help me Lord to be steadfast, unmoveable and continue to stand in the paths you lead me
- Guide me though each day of life Lord and make me a champion on all sides
- Help me to be a good steward of that which you have committed into my hands
- I will not fail but succeed to bring glory to you Lord
- Thank You Lord for answers to my prayers, IJMN I pray, Amen.