Then these men assembled and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God. And they went before the king, and spoke concerning the king’s decree: “Have you not signed a decree that every man who petitions any god or man within thirty days, except you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions?”
So the king gave the command, and they brought Daniel and cast him into the den of lions. But the king spoke, saying to Daniel, “Your God, whom you serve continually, He will deliver you.” Then a stone was brought and laid on the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the signets of his lords, that the purpose concerning Daniel might not be changed.
Memory verse: For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12.
Do you love God enough to just want to fight back on anything contrary to His doctrines? You are so pained when someone seem to be acting against you and all you want to do is show them that you have enough strength to stop them. I mean will anyone disrespect you so much and take you quietness as being stupid but as you obviously are smarter and it’s time to show those enemies that not only are you a child of God, but you have everything it takes to put them in their place.
Several times I have been in situations where the whole world expects me to react, but I just keep mute. I think of what to do a lot and end up doing nothing other than handing all my disappointment to God because let’s be honest what else could I do? I can’t put the energy into retaliation and even if I did, I have learnt from God’s word from the stories of Moses, Joseph, David, Daniel and the rest alike that when God takes over your battles, He deals so much with the enemy that you will almost plead for mercy on their behalf.
This is the story of Daniel too. Imagine the gang up, Daniel had the kings’ ears and could have tried to spin things around. He could have spent his time trying to seek favours or because He was also in power, He could recruit a team to fight back but He did the only thing He knew how to do. Daniel sought the face of God and that was His only response to all the ranting of the enemies.
Daniel understood that He cannot be fighting and asked God to fight. His only fight was in the place of prayer and even though the enemy planned the battle and thought they had won, God was preparing for a war.
The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” Exodus 14:14.
Every kind of war is a God kind of war so be rest assured that if you make everything His business, He will take care of His business.
- Father, you are worthy of my worship, prayers, and praise
- I acknowledge you for whom you are and what you are in my life
- Forgive my sins Lord and help me to live a purpose driven life
- Father, help me to build up a positively resilient attitude and let me be an example
- Help me Lord to pray prevailing prayers, pray consistently and not waver in my faith
- Help me Lord to be steadfast, unmoveable and continue to stand in the paths you lead me
- Guide me though each day of life Lord and make me a champion on all sides
- Help me to be a good steward of that which you have committed into my hands
- I will not fail but succeed to bring glory to you Lord
- Thank You Lord for answers to my prayers, IJMN I pray, Amen.